The Successful Manager's Toolkit – (2-Day Course)
This module has been developed to provide learners with an increased understanding of the key competencies required for the role of a manager. It focuses on the six essential leadership management areas:
• To set and achieve goals.
• To communicate clearly.
• To manage time and prioritise work.
• To manage conflict and handle difficult people.
• To create and sustain a positive mental attitude, especially during tough times.
• To inspire others and create a positive, productive atmosphere.
The Manager's/Supervisor's Toolkit Course is designed to help you manage your team efficiently and effectively and consolidates the essential skills, techniques, resources guidelines, support, and tools you need in one course.
The move from completing your own personal tasks to managing the workload of others can often be daunting. The move from Supervisor to Manager, then upwards to 2nd and 3rd level senior management can be equally as daunting. They co-ordinate people, money, projects, and are often the conduit between workers and senior management
Moving into a management or team leader position demands a range of skills and knowledge. This course will provide managers with proven techniques of people management, which are directly applicable to the workplace. Delegates will learn how to channel the energy and motivation of individuals, within their teams, to motivate and deliver results through your greatest asset – your people.
Overview of course:
• Putting Your Role into an Organisational Context
• Reviewing your role and responsibilities
• Recognising the key leadership styles
• The impact of style on your team
• Management and leadership – the difference
• People Management, Team Development and Delegation
• Leading a team to perform
• Re-assessing the strengths and development areas of the team
• Setting goals for individual development and organisational growth
• Encouraging positive input from the individual
• Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
• Creative Problem Solving and Managing Difficult People
• Strategies for dealing with difficult people
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Define your role and responsibilities
• Assess how your personal style impacts on individuals
• Get the best from yourself and others
• Have a better understanding and knowledge to build a cohesive team that works together to achieve objectives
• Recognise and work with the diversity in your team
• Delegate tasks to the benefit of individuals
• Communicate, Motivate and Negotiate with individuals, teams and clients more effectively
• Deal with difficult people effectually
• Distinguish between being "busy" and being "productive"
• Prioritise work according to its value and deadline pressure
• Handling interruptions and distractions
• Proper delegation and correct prioritisation