Interviewing can be stressful for both the interviewee and the interviewer for different reasons. However, it doesn’t need to be this way. An interviewer who is prepared and is aware of the overall strategy and aim of the interview will be well equipped to run an efficient interview and quickly get to analyse the applicant’s capability and suitability for the role. Interviewing can be a key skill for a manager, asking the right questions and reading the interviewee is essential in ensuring the best candidate for the role is recruited. Recruitment can be a lengthy and costly process so getting it right the first time is very important. By being aware of the interview process and techniques, an interviewer can ensure that they maintain control within the interview environment.
Who Should Attend
This level 1 course on conducting interviews is suitable for a variety of training requirements. It is suitable for managers who want to learn how to plan and run a successful interview or general interviewing staff who have been called upon to be part of the recruitment process and interview panel. The course covers many areas such as interview strategy, psychological behaviour,
questioning skills, body language and handling interviewees.
• What kind of interviews exist?
• What are the systematic differences between various
• What are the main pre-interview stages?
• What are pre-interview tests?
• What are the best-practice guidelines to run a smooth
• What are various types of questions you can and cannot
• What critical legal issues should you be aware of when
• Choose the best interviewing strategy and questioning methodology to pick the best applicant
• Interview an applicant fairly and professionally using
a systematic step-by-step approach
• Ask targeted questions designed to get the most from
• Handle an interviewee’s responses to your questions
using a variety of techniques to make sure you remain
in control of the interview
“There are many exercises that help delegates to practice how to conduct an interview”
Duration: 1 day course
Venues: At your own offices or our luxury training venues in Cardiff, Newport (Nr Celtic Manor), Bristol or Swindon (Please state your choice of venue when booking)
ONSITE TRAINING STARTS FROM
£650 + VAT